Founded by the Ridgeway brothers around 1792 at the Bell Works.
By 1802 the brothers set up on their own and Job built a new pottery
at Cauldon Place.
Job Ridgeway's sons John and William took
over their uncle's Bell works and signed their items as J. & W. Ridgeway or J. & W.R. or J.W.R. these marks date prior
to 1830 when the brothers separated.
continued at the Bell works until 1848. John worked with his father at Cauldon Place from 1830 and produced stone china
and porcelain of the highest quality. Queen Victoria appointed him "Potter to the Queen" and
he used the Royal Arms with his initials JR included as his mark. In 1840 the mark added "& Co.".
This firm continued until 1855 when the name changed to Ridgeway,
Bates & Co.
1862 the name changed to Brown/Westhead,
Moore & Co.
1905 the name changed to Cauldon Ltd.