Coalport, also known as Coalbrokdale (c.1796 - till
1967 and later)
Coalport was located
on the banks of the River Seven in Shropshire.
consisting of three different factories but the best known was the factory of John Rose; Rose Blakeway & Co.
This factory was established by at least 1796.
In 1799 the Coalport partners bought the Caughley factory and continued
to produce porcelains at the Caughley factory until 1814.
Much of the early Coalport is unmarked except for a pattern number which after the first 1000 is expressed as
a fraction form up to at least the eighth series.
Most collectors assume all richly encrusted
porcelain with flowers is Coalbrokdale but many other factories between 1820-1840 made similar wares.
a printed Coalport mark was started.
was bought by the Wedgwood group in 1967 although they retain the Coalport name.